Monday, April 8, 2013

Week 41, in which I experience minor electrocution every day or two, and in which I have the BEST SUNDAY ON MY MISSION.

Hello everyone! I'm still in Macau, hallelujah! I love it here, and it's a miracle how quickly I've learned my way around. I feel like I've always lived here and like I'll stay here forever.




Between a rock and a hard place
T-shirt of the week! Well, I saw someone wearing a Utah Jazz shirt, and that was weird. I was about to ask him if he followed the Utah Jazz, but I decided against it because he looked really upset. Unfortunately, it's been quite chilly and rainy recently, so most people are wearing jackets. And I've also noticed that fewer people wear the funny t-shirts... it's probably because more people here understand what they say.
Oh yes, and in regards to my electrocution, the sisters I live with may think that I'm crazy, because no one else ever gets shocked, but it's true! Every time I put my hand on the top of the washing machine, it zaps me! And my whole hand tingles for a few minutes afterwards! It really is an awful feeling, but I still keep doing it. That washing machine is probably my third worst enemy in our apartment, topped only by the mold... and the cockroaches. I've become an expert cockroach slayer in the past few weeks. We've played with the idea of making a tally of how many cockroaches we kill a day, but we decided that might be a little too barbaric, considering we ARE sister missionaries and all. But other than that, I love our apartment and the sisters I live with. We laugh all the time, and turns out Sister L loves Lord of the Rings too! We were trying to remember elvish the other day. The only thing I could remember was, "Nagadagathya!" (Yeah, that's probably spelled really wrong) which means "They're all going to die!" So that's become our new war cry whenever a cockroach appears.


Lunch with Sister S

So yes, yesterday was incredible, the best Sunday of my mission. We've had, at most, one investigator at church since I've been here, and it's been really challenging to schedule people... which means a lot of finding. And I really do love finding, because it brings a ton of miracles (and weird, hilarious stories), but Sunday we were so slammed with miracle lessons that we had no time to even eat! So I accidentally ended up doing a 24-hour fast, but it was worth it. We met with two new investigators in the morning. First we met R, a man from India who told us that we seemed 'like angels.' He said he's a Hindu Sheik, although I'm not really sure what that means. I kind of thought those were two different religions? No idea. Anyways, after him we met with a woman named M, who I contacted a few weeks ago for maybe 15 seconds. It was the shortest contact ever, I just saw her and said, "Hey, we're missionaries, can we call you later?" And she said, "Sure, here's my number!" And she actually met with us! It really was a miracle. We taught her about prophets and the priesthood authority, and then right after that she came to a baptismal service! It was such a good experience, and the ward members were so wonderful to her, treated her like part of the family. Afterwards we had SIX investigators at church! It was a miracle! And right before church we went on splits and taught two lessons, and then again right after church! The people we're blessed to work with are so sweet, so humble, and so prepared. They have so many trials, but they're so optimistic and faithful! I just love it! And the members are wonderful too! On Saturday, Sister F met a girl named I at McDonalds, and they started talking. And by the end of their conversation, they were best friends, and Sister F had invited I and her other friend A to church the next day! And both of them came. A was so sweet too, she said that she felt so at peace as soon as she walked into the church, like all of her trials had just fallen right off her shoulders. Unfortunately, she only has two holidays a month, so we'll have to just keep in touch over texts and calls. She's so great though. So we got home about 9 pm and I just ate a big bowl of oatmeal and crashed. But wow, I wish I could describe how Sister L and I felt last night. Like God really has seen how much work we've been doing. Only he could have arranged things so perfectly, where we were able to meet with so many people and have so many miracles in one day. Seriously, we hardly had time for anymore miracles! So today is a nice, relaxing P-day so that we can rest up for the next miracle day! Because we're not satisfied with just one--we're going to have miracle days every day from now on!

I love you all so much! Thanks for the letters and prayers and love! Salamat! (Thank you in Tagalog)









No comments:

Post a Comment