Friday, September 23, 2011

Life is Delish

My life has been so jam-packed full of wonderful, fantastic, how-great-it-is-to-be-alive moments recently that I just can't get over it! Here are just a few reasons why:

1. Firstly, check out that gorgeous Utah sky. We have had perfect weather the past few weeks and I am loving it!



2. I've started working at the Stance for the Family student journal as an assistant editor. It's never too early to start getting experience, and my experience so far has been great! Everyone is very friendly and I love reading through submissions and giving them the yea or nay.

3. Love packages. Honestly, I have the best mom in the whole entire world. In addition to three new DVDs (including a version of Emma I've never seen before, which, if you know me, is a HUGE surprise), she sent us some of the most delicious, moist chocolate pound cake I've ever eaten. Seriously. It will bring you to tears. I would let you try some, but let's be real. I'm not letting this stuff go!

4. Jimmer returned to BYU! He, Emery, and several NBA rookies came to the Marriott Center for a special game, and it was the greatest, chillest (most chill?) game I've ever been to in that building! All of the players were laid back and friendly; we could tell that they were having fun, which made us have even more fun. Jimmer made some fantastic shots, as expected, and all of the other players had some great baskets too! They were pulling all sorts of moves and making all sorts of dunks, the likes of which have never been displayed in the Marriott Center before! It was a great opportunity to see Jimmer play one more time before his debut for the Kings.


5. I found a recipe for Scottish oatcakes online! So I will definitely be making those sometime very soon.

I'll end with this treasure, courtesy of Hugh Laurie:

No comments:

Post a Comment