Monday, March 4, 2013

Week 36, in which beat-boxing in elevator 4 is not only permitted, but also encouraged.




Basically, beat-boxing hymns in the elevator is my new favorite hobby. One of the most fun aspects of it is having to stop and act normal whenever the doors open and someone else comes in. We always end up almost dying from holding in laughter, but we haven't cracked yet.



Anyways, another busy week has passed, which means it's time for another t-shirt of the week! This one is a pretty stereotypical Hong Kong t-shirt, nothing out of the ordinary. It's pink with two cutesy animals whose noses are touching. It says, "Love came into my life at the same time I saw you. Please never don't be near, to me dear heart is mine." I think the double negative is my favorite part of it.

I made a goal a couple of weeks ago to read all of the Old Testament! Which was fun (and a little disturbing) until I got to Leviticus... and Numbers... I'll be honest, the Law of Moses is killing me slowly. But here's an interesting little biblical treasure that I picked up in Leviticus 6:21, talking about the different sacrifices they are required to make: "In a pan it shall be made with oil; and when it is baken, thou shalt bring it in: and the baken pieces of the meat offering shalt thou offer for a sweet savour unto the Lord." Now, anyone who has ever spoken English knows that the past participle of bake is baked, not baken, so I argue that this verse is actually referring to one of the most delicious of breakfast foods, BACON. Obviously, the spelling of the word bacon has evolved over time, a natural and common phenomenon. Plus, the verse says that the sacrifice has a 'sweet savour,' and what other sacrifice could smell better than bacon? And we know that the Lord asked the ancient Israelites to sacrifice the best of all that they had, so clearly the Israelites had really great taste if they were sacrificing bacon. (I love personal study.)



A few weeks ago, we were reading scriptures with one of our less-actives, and she is just the cutest thing ever... very special. After we read a few verses, she asked us if we could see it. We said, "See what?" And she said, "The starlight, of course!" We were sitting outside in the early afternoon, so obviously we were having trouble figuring out what she was talking about. It was clear that we were confused, so she pointed at the scriptures and said again, "The starlight between the words! It's not too bright, I don't need sunglasses or anything, but it's just right there, glowing. Can't you see it?" Oh Sister C, how I wish I could.

Well, we're off to the Science and History Museums now, so I've gotta wrap it up! I promise next week's email will be more eventful, but that's all for now! I love you all so much and you are in my thoughts and prayers! Keep the Faith! And if you don't have it yet, find it first and then keep it, because it's the most important thing out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment