Monday, August 15, 2011

Hard things.

Recently, I've been thinking a lot about doing hard things. If we're being honest here, and I know this may shock you... I don't always like doing hard things. At this point in my life, I'm having all sorts of tough choices thrown at me, and sometimes it can be a little overwhelming. Today in church, someone read this quote by President Thomas S. Monson:

"Do not pray for tasks equal to your abilities, but pray for abilities equal to your tasks. Then the performance of your tasks will be no miracle, but you will be the miracle."

We didn't come to this world so that everything could be fine and dandy all the time. We came here so we could have the chance to make tough decisions and change who we are, so why would we want to just get easy tasks? Sometimes I forget that. If we ask for help, we can handle any trial we face and we can be a miracle. I don't always want to do hard things, but I know I can.

Speaking of miracles, I saw this yesterday:


Yeah, I'd say that's a miracle. A delicate, beautiful, living, breathing, flying stained-glass window. Can I get an amen?

No comments:

Post a Comment