Friday, August 19, 2011

Today I may or may not have purchased a wedding dress for a dollar.

"Why?" you may ask. The answer is simple. Rachel and I were at the thrift store and she bought a skirt for $6 and they had a special deal where you can pay $7 to fill a grocery bag with any clothes you want. We decided we might as well fill a bag. So, naturally, we bought the ridiculous-looking, lace-covered wedding dress. I have no idea what we will use it for, but I'm sure we can come up with some incredible Halloween costume or something.

On a completely different note, I've finally finished the Extended Edition Lord of the Rings! Now this might not seem like a big deal to you, but it has been an emotional whirlwind for me. I have laughed, I have cried, I have quoted large segments of the movie from memory, and I have decided that I want to go to New Zealand someday. I started watching them in June and have savored both the films themselves and the six (yes, six) disks of special features. Because of this epic adventure, I have started to mentally categorize people I meet into elf, dwarf, hobbit, man, wizard, and, very occasionally, orc.

And guess what! I learned a new word today:

Abecedarian /eɪ bɪ sɪ dɛr i ən/ adjective: arranged alphabetically; noun: a person who is just learning, a novice. 


Doesn't that word just crack you up! So next time you beat your friend at a game of hangman or your roommate fails her Bio 100 test or your little brother makes a rookie mistake in a heated chess match, just throw the word abecedarian in their faces. It works every time.

2 comments:

  1. Now I want to know what you categorize ME as . . . Mind you, I adore food and I have a major thing for Merry so I best be an awesome hobbit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, I'd have to say you are definitely a mixture of hobbit and kick-butt Rohan maiden haha.

    ReplyDelete