Thursday, June 28, 2012

Togetherness

Do you ever have those moments when something is so beautiful that you can't breathe? When your heart is so full and fit to burst that there actually isn't enough room in your chest for air? When you ache with longing, and you aren't quite sure why, but your white-hot joy is tinged with just a shade of grief? When you are reminded of something that feels more like home than anything you've ever experienced, but you can't quite put your finger on what it is? 

That feeling has come and gone many times lately. It's because I'm getting ready to say goodbye to my beautiful family for 18 months. It's because I've never been happier to be with them. It's because I have hope of good things to come. We're going separate ways for a while, and because of that I'm sad. But we'll be together again, and because of that I'm happier than ever! I am so blessed.


Team Alpha Wolf Squadron, getting ready to hit the beach!


Running a race with (or about a mile behind) Dad.


The prettiest pyramid ever!


Temple time with my parents.


Saying goodbye to Elder Jesse Sumrak. He'll be in Sierra Leone, I'll be in Hong Kong. We'll be across the world from each other, but we're both working toward the same end!


Sister and elementary-school-best-friend date! Fancy dinner followed by a crazy dance par-tay.


It doesn't get much better than this!

1 comment:

  1. Your description of the feeling of home and joy made me remember all the times I've felt that way. I'm pretty sure that's the best I've ever heard it explained. I'll miss you somethin' fierce Katie Cutler!

    ReplyDelete